|#receTEA - Raspberry Tea Muffins|
Ingredients (12 cakes):
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
5 lightly whisked egg whites, room temp
1/4 cup millet flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
(3/4 cup of cake flour can be substituted for the rice and millet flours)
1/2 cup butter, melted
raspberries, fresh or frozen will do.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease muffin tin. Set aside.
3. Bring eggs to room temperature.
4. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy, but not stiff.
5. In a separate bowl, sift baking powder, sugar and flours. Add ground almond to the dry ingredients. Stir.
6. Fold dry ingredients into egg whites.
7. Add melted butter. Stir to incorporate batter.
8. Pour batter into greased muffin tin and sprinkle a few raspberries over the tops.
9. Bake 25 minutes until golden.
- RECIPE BY YUMMI SUPPER -